inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
Sofort versandfertig, Lieferzeit ca. 1-3 Werktage
- Artikel-Nr.: SW12840
NORM AND THE NIGHTMAREZ - Chamber Of Chills LP green ltd.
59 numbered copies made!! 180gr. Vinyl + printed inlay!
Slap that Bass Review!
The Chamber of Chills by Norm & the Nightmarez
Reviewed 30th March 2021
The Chamber of Chills by Norm & the Nightmarez who come from Sleepy Hollow in the West midlands.
Norm & the Nightmarez are from the imagination of Norm Elliott.
Following on from the success of both Psychobilly Infection & Psychobilly D.N.A. & a number of singles/EP’s, we have another instalment of Nightmare tails from the depth of Norm’s creative imagination. Using influences from all the usual sources such as Sci-Fi, Horror & a lifetime of experiences from the rockin’ scene, this album brings us Psychobilly with both humour & pathos! Norm is one of the best guitarist/lyricists on the scene, able to switch between rockabilly, surf & psycho, whenever the need arises. As Norm would say, “grab yourself a brew” & settle down for a trip to “The Chamber of Chills”!
The Chamber of Chills:
1. Nigel’s Gone Back to The Planet Zorch: A fine tribute to “The Guvnor”, Nigel Lewis.
2. She Haunts That Man: Great rockabilly take on the western genre, I found myself thinking, did this happen in an old Texas town called El Paso!
3. The Monster from The Deep. ES Mix: Reworking of a classic covered by so many bands over the years. Good to hear something different being done with something so familiar.
4. Barrel of A Gun: Messing with gangsters is not good for your health. This has a heavier, rock feel, once again, showcasing Norm’s guitar skills!
5. The Creature from the Black Lagoon: The Gill Man walks! Made me want to watch the film again. Now where did I hide my 3D Glasses!
6. The Plutonium Twist Party: You can keep your Peppermint Twist & I’m far to old to play Twister but grab your Cabbage Patch Doll’s & do the Plutonium Twist again & again!
7. Preacher Man: Norm’s ability to change stiles without effecting the flow of the album is uncanny. I could see this being used in the soundtrack of “The Preacher”!
8. Hot Rod Car: Hot Rods, Psychobilly & hot chicks, what’s not to like about that!
9. Haunted Hotel: Another change of pace, with this almost instrumental. I think I might book in for the weekend!
10. The Voodoo Groove: All your favourite monsters get into the groove, the voodoo groove!
11. Psycho Bitch from Hell: Stunning guitar work on this one, Norm seems to have a thing for women with a bit of an attitude. Life imitating art perhaps! lol
12. Let the Killing Begin: Once again showcasing Norm’s ability to producing different styles without loss of direction. Real grating guitar & pounding drums.
13. No Conscience: A more rockabilly feel to the first of the bonus tracks. You know Norm is having fun with this one.
14. Barrel of A Gun Alternative Mix: A slightly different feel to this reworked bonus track, a bit less Mexican Bar more Californium Roadhouse. You choose which one you like best!